You asked: What is TD Bank doing for the environment
We matched that to: What is TD Bank doing for the environment?
In December 2017, TD Bank Group announced a set of initiatives to advance the low-carbon economy of the future. These initiatives include a target of $78 billion in low-carbon lending, financing, asset management and other programs by 2030.
TD has been carbon neutral since 2010 and issued its first U.S. green bond for $1 billion in 2017.
You can learn more about our ongoing commitment to a low carbon economy.
Highlights of our latest environmental initiatives:
- Accelerate the low-carbon economy – including renewable and clean energy technologies, businesses and processes – through TD's financing, products, and asset management
- Enhance TD’s green bond strategy which includes issuing, underwriting and investing in green bonds to support projects that provide economic growth and environmental benefit.
- Increase financing for energy-efficient buildings and affordable housing
- Help plant 1 million new trees in communities in North America, doubling the number planted with TD's support through various initiatives and organizations since 1990. Research by TD Economics shows that trees generate economic benefits or "natural capital" by absorbing carbon and improving air quality.
- Continue to reduce TD's carbon footprint and maintain our nearly 10-year track record of carbon neutrality.
- Support North American economic and energy security through responsible projects that deliver vital energy supply.